MITRE’s mission-driven teams are dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Through our public-private partnerships and federally funded R&D centers, we work across government and in partnership with industry to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. For nearly 70 years, federally funded research and development centers, or FFRDCs, have been vital to our nation’s growth and security. They have supported the government by developing transformational capabilities in defense, transportation, energy, civil agency administration, homeland security, atmospheric sciences, science policy, and other areas. MITRE is not an FFRDC, but we operate six of them.
What are some of your latest research projects?
- MITRE proposes a National Strategy for Digital Health: https://www.mitre.org/publications/project-stories/mitre-proposes-a-national-strategy-for-digital-health) (Contact DigitalHealth@mitre.org)
- Enabling Interoperability Through Health and Clinical Informatics: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is focused upon the health and well-being of all Americans. MITRE supports this mission through the CMS Alliance to Modernize Healthcare federally funded research and development center (Health FFRDC). The Health FFRDC led work with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to create CDS Connect. This resource demonstrates how evidence-based care can be more rapidly incorporated into clinical practice through interoperable decision support.
Any programs or initiatives you want to highlight?
MITRE Mission Focused Research (https://www.mitre.org/research/mission-focused-research) especially:
- Health (https://www.mitre.org/research/mission-focused-research/health)
- Agile and Connected Government (https://www.mitre.org/research/mission-focused-research/agile-connected-government)
- MITRE Nudge Lab (https://www.mitre.org/research/mission-focused-research/decision-science/nudge-lab)
Are you currently hiring or have any fellowships, post-doc positions etc. that you want to highlight?
- Lead Behavioral Economist https://mitre.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/MITRE/job/Bedford-MA/Lead-Behavioral-Economist_R103448-1?shared_id=b2157f71-8639-4c02-8b11-5d070d317076
- Senior Healthcare Economist ( https://mitre.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/MITRE/job/Bedford-MA/Healthcare-Economist_R101948?shared_id=1cc3b978-343e-4440-8601-bfbad83f92f4
Is there something unique or interesting about your company that most ASHEcon members not know about hat you would like them to share?
- We Operate FFRDCs
- CMS Alliance to Modernize Healthcare (Health FFRDC)
- Center for Enterprise Modernization (CEM)
Is there any other information that you’d like to share?