ASHEcon has 5 standing committees: the Awards Committee, the ASSA Review Committee, the Communications Committee, the Diversity Committee, and the Nominating Committee.
This committee reviews nominations for ASHEcon awards and selects the winners.
- Janet Currie, Princeton University (Chair)
- Darrell Gaskin, Johns Hopkins University
- Jonathan Kolstad, University of California – Berkeley
- Amanda Kowalski, University of Michigan
ASSA Submissions Review
This committee reviews submissions to create ASHEcon’s session at the annual ASSA meeting.
- Kate Bundorf, Stanford University (Chair)
- Janet Currie, Princeton University
This committee oversees ASHEcon communications including blast emails, newsletter and website content.
- Ellen Meara, Harvard University (Chair)
- Donna Gilleskie, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Robin McKnight, Wellesley College
This committee is responsible for developing and overseeing ASHEcon’s activities to promote diversity. This includes selecting the ASHEcon Diversity Scholars each year, consulting with the other ASHEcon committees on diversity, and bringing other diversity issues and initiatives to the ASHEcon board.
- Christopher “Kitt” Carpenter, Vanderbilt University (Co-chair)
- Darrell Gaskin, Johns Hopkin University (Co-chair)
- Marcus Dillender, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Jevay Grooms, Howard University
- Kandice Kapinos, Rand Corporation
- Victoria Perez, Indiana University
This committee is for responsible recommending candidates to serve on the ASHEcon board and for selecting at-large members to serve on ASHEcon committees.
- David Cutler, Harvard University (Chair)
- Martin Gaynor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Sara Markowitz, Emory University
- Neeraj Sood, University of California Los Angeles