We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper for the 3rd Annual Caribbean Health Economics Symposium to be held December 10-12, 2017 at the Bitter End Yacht Club, British Virgin Islands ( www.beyc.com ). The conference will provide a global forum for path-breaking health economics research critical to public policy, financing and technology innovation. Eight papers will be selected by the organizing committee for presentation on December 11 and 12. Up to two presenters for each paper will be eligible for a travel and lodging honorarium. Brief panel discussions with medical industry experts will be woven into the program. Additional attendees not presenting papers will be invited to participate in the program and sponsored activities such as the US versus UK health economics sail challenge (with defending North American boat from CHES 2016 and winning UK boat from CHES 2015).
Now Accepting Papers – 15 August, 2017 Submission Deadline. Please submit extended abstracts (one page), and/or complete paper drafts if available.
Papers may cover any topic from the field of health economics. Presentations by authors will be followed by participant discussion and questions. Full papers will be required in advance of the meeting. For an illustration of paper quality see last year’s CHES program.
● Papers/Abstracts must be submitted by 15 August, 2017 (midnight, Hawaii time)
● Full paper or extended abstract (one page)
● Include names and organizations of up to two presenters
● Submit papers to: CHES@terramedica.co.uk
● Presenters will be notified by 15 September, 2017
Honoria will be available for up to two presenters for papers selected for presentation. Scholarship will include lodging for three nights and airfare (up to $1,000 for travel). Note the Median travel expense from CHES 2016 was $980.00 with one person coming within $5.00 of the maximum.
When: December 10 (afternoon) – 12 (afternoon)
Where: Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, BVI
A Note about Zika: We have a deposit in place with BEYC for CHES 2017 so unless something dramatically changes we will return to the same location as CHES 2016. Of course if you are pregnant you should be aware of the Zika autism risk when making your decision.
If You Choose to Self-Pay as several did last year (including a senior leader from HHS, US):
• Room Rate BEYC: $425 + tax, which includes a 15% discount off lowest price double occupancy room and includes breakfast buffet.
• Other hotels available with shuttle service: Leverick Bay, Little Dix Bay, Saba Rock, Biras Creek, Scrub Island Resort (Marriott)
• If you have a travel budget governed by US travel rules: The max US Department of State per diem rate is: $238 and max lodging is $138. AirBnB is possible but you will need to use a ferry in the morning to get to events.
Airport with full shuttle to BEYC: Tortola, Beef Island, BVI (Airport Code: EIS) NEW for 2017!! Direct air service to BVI from Miami. See BVIAirways (https://www.gobvi.com/)
Airport with required air or ferry transfer: St. Thomas, USVI (Airport Code: STT)
If you have any questions, please email CHES@terramedica.co.uk. We look forward to seeing you at CHES in December, 2017.