We are excited to announce the inaugural meeting of the Economics of Health Equity Interest Group. As our first meeting, we will be holding a workshop that will review the current state of the literature and encourage discussion and research on topics related to health equity.
The workshop will take place virtually from 12-3:30pm EST on Wednesday October 6th, 2021.
The agenda for the workshop will consist of a brief introduction and three main sessions:
- Brief introduction to the term “Economics of Health Equity” – Professor Darrell Gaskin (15 minutes)
- Racial/Ethnic Health Equity – led by Professor Darrell Gaskin
- Sexual and Gender Minority Health Equity – led by Professor Kitt Carpenter
- Disability Status and Health Equity – led by Professor Nicole Maestas
- Next Steps – led by Professors David Cutler and Marcella Alsan (15 minutes)
Each of the three main sessions will be approximately 55 minutes, with a five minute break between sessions. The sessions will be led by the listed professors, and there will be time for discussion towards the end of each session and during the final Next Steps.
Darrell and Marcella
ASHEcon Health Equity Interest Group Co-Chairs