The Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI), in Washington, DC, is seeking to hire Senior Research Analyst/Research Analyst to assist with projects analyzing and benchmarking private sector health insurance claims using HCCI’s exclusive, multi-payer, longitudinal dataset with claims for over 50 million covered lives per year. The researchers will be involved in analyzing data, writing public reports and policy briefs, and co-authoring academic articles. The positions report to the Director of Research.
The positions require a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- A graduate degree in a field related to health services research, mathematics, statistics, economics, or actuarial science
- 3 years or more of post-graduate experience preferred
- An understanding of health insurance and the U.S. health care system
- Strong quantitative skills, preferably with training in econometrics, statistics, or actuarial modeling
- Proficiency programming in SQL as well as SAS, and/or STATA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to write about quantitative findings for non-quantitative audiences
- Desire to work in an exciting and demanding start-up environment
Further, preferred candidates will have:
- Experience working with health care claims or patient discharge data analysis as a health service researcher, data programmer, economist, or actuary
- Produced policy briefs on health care costs and utilization, Medicare, and/or Medicaid
HCCI provides competitive salary and benefits including a 403B retirement scheme with employer contribution, health insurance, and other benefits. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter highlighting your qualifications and salary requirements to email@example.com. For more information on HCCI, please visit www.healthcostinstitute.org.