Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a diverse and dynamic environment in which individuals across our organization come together to make the lives of children and their families better. Voted Fortune Magazine 100 Best Employers To Work For In America, Working Mother Magazine Best Place To Work and a US News & World Report Top 25 Pediatric Hospitals.
If you are ready to make a difference and would like to be formally considered as the Senior Medical Economics Analyst, please complete our online application at www.choa.org/jointheteam, and select the top link in the apply now box. Enter Medical Economics Analyst in the keyword box on the next page and follow additional instructions to complete the application. You can also contact Caron Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Medical Economics Analyst will perform economic and cost assessments and modeling for assigned projects and provide statistical information and analytic consulting related to cost effectiveness and comparative effectiveness analyses in support of assigned CHOA Service Lines. The position will create tools and reports used to determine the appropriate initiatives to drive improvements in growth (service and revenue), adjust to shifts in revenue model, facilitate reduction in practice variation, and drive clinical or non-clinical operational improvements. Works cross-functionally to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to economic assessments of care within our system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs economic models that incorporate a variety of data from multiple sources and reflect the key elements of the management process for the assigned service line and then use modeling to create scenarios of intervention impact on cost or charges, utilization and outcomes.
- Work with service line clients and strategic planning to determine the appropriate financial endpoints and outcome measures for incorporation into value based assessments and comparative effectiveness analyses.
- Responsible for creating and determining how metrics will be measured and tracked for all projects in the area. These would include highly complex and diverse analytical, financial, utilization-focused, statistical, operational and cost/benefit projects.
- Lead the design and development of data analyses and reports that will track contract performance and forecast the cost impact.
- Provide appropriate analytic and modeling tools to help engage organization around reductions in practice variation.
- Lead data mining and analysis of system data, comparative hospital data, and financial statements to identify strategic opportunities to improve revenue and reduce cost.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of organization’s systems, data and business processes in order to develop and modify analysis and models appropriately.
- Create efficient databases when needed to track transactions, compile data and generate analysis reports.
- Interface directly with IS&T and other resources to communicate business specifications and to define current and desired outcomes data architecture; define and design dashboards and reporting platforms to support financial outcomes reporting that can be easily accessed by various stakeholders Works with IS&T and Marketing to develop economics and cost effectiveness arguments into interactive computing tools and other promotional tools to support the pediatric differential.
- Works with exiting outcomes and financial databases, both external and internal, to provide information to service line administrators and department leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university / college in Economics, Math, Finance, Healthcare, Technology, Business or related field. Master’s degree in health services preferred. Minimum 15 years industry experience in lieu of a degree.
- 7+years relevant work experience to strongly demonstrate the following skills and knowledge: Data analysis, statistical analysis, healthcare operations, project management, communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills and group facilitation skills.
- 7+years relevant work experience performing report and analytic development in a corporate data environment or data warehouse structure. Use of relational databases and end-user tools to develop interfaces that support senior leadership information requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization to identify relevant data, provide information and influence decision makers appropriately.
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and within teams.
- Ability to support multiple assignments, shift priorities in accordance with need and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated presentation skills.
- 7+years analytical and operations experience in a large, multi-specialty physician group, hospital and/or managed care organization.
- Experience in physician and/or hospital billing data, health data, contracting, , coding or utilization management a plus.
- 7+ years of hands on experience with Relational Database technologies in or more of the following RDBMS( SQL Server 2000/2005, Teradata, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Access, Paradox)