HIDA: Health Industry Distributors Association
Position Description: The Director, Research and Market Intelligence is responsible for the research, analysis, and reporting of trends and insights of value to HIDA’s medical product distributor/manufacturer members. The Director will be responsible for the development of HIDA’s annual Market Reports and other research and complementary analytical reporting services, as well as participating in and periodically leading research consulting engagements for HIDA members.
Major Responsibilities: Conducts primary and secondary research and analysis to identify significant trends affecting the health care (non-pharmaceutical) supply and provider industry.
- Project lead for HIDA’s three annual health care Market Reports, as well as quarterly and ad hoc updates.
- Participates in / leads research consulting engagements with leading health care distributors and manufacturers.
- Develops new Business Intelligence analysis publications and services.
- Represents HIDA as a subject matter expert via speaking engagements, media resource, and dealings with members.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Government Affairs, Education and other HIDA departments to identify and execute research opportunities across HIDA’s programs.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years research, analysis and client management experience.
- Strong technical/business writing, editing, reporting, analytical and oral communication skills.
- Research report writing experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Comfort with ambiguity; easily accepts and responds to changes in direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional time management skills and commitment to deadlines.
- High energy self-starter.
- Health care sector experience a major plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience and/or education encompassing all of the following:
- Economics or business
- Communications, journalism, or writing
Ability to Reinforce a Culture that Values:
- Optimism with Realism
- Customers First, Individual Second
- Innovative Problem Solving
- Working Smart
- Bottom Line Orientation
- Actions over Words
- Direct responsibility to HIDA’s Vice President, Business Intelligence.
- Indirect: work closely with the other service line leaders to implement plans and achieve goals.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.