Time Solutions is seeking a Health Economist to provide statistical support for logistical economic modeling projects in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Healthcare Quality and Promotion (DHQP) mission to enhance infection control practices in all US healthcare facilities to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) and to improve patient and healthcare worker safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- Provide economic expertise on issues related to healthcare associated infections based on the application of economic theory and knowledge.
- Analyze data based upon an understanding of economic relationships to uncover trends, produce forecasts of economic trends, evaluate economic impact of HAIs, and determine projected return on investment of HAI prevention programs.
- Analyze data to test the economic impact effectiveness of current policies, products or services regarding prevention of HAI and advise on the suitability of alternative courses of action and the allocation of scarce resources.
- Explain research methodology and justify conclusions drawn from research data.
- Write various technical and non-technical reports on economic trends and forecasts to inform the press and public.
- Deliver numerous oral and visual presentations, which non-economist audiences must be able to understand thoroughly in order to make decisions.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the design, development and implementation of mathematical models. May present and communicate findings to various levels of CDC leadership or external audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- BA/BS degree and minimum six (6) years of related statistical or economic analysis experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis Software (SAS), SAS graphing, Access, Excel and Data Mining techniques and manipulation and be able to develop new methods of data mining.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge of various statistical and research methods.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to take on new initiatives.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
How to Apply:
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.