The University of Oklahoma, Price College of Business, Center for Economic and Management Research seeks an economist to fill the position of Associate Director. Reporting to the Director and Senior Associate Dean for Economic Development and Impact, the successful applicant will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting applied regional economic development research
- Maintaining and extending regional economic development data
- Performing data analysis and modeling using standard statistical packages
- Developing regional economic development models and econometric analyzes
- Generating summary statistics, charts/graphs, reports, and conducting other assessments of the data
- Writing various reports pertaining to the economic development information
- Participating in public speaking engagements
- Instructing MBA students in quantitative methods and managerial economics
- PhD required, but minimally a Master’s degree holder in economics with accompanying statistics training and professional experience, especially in the following subfields: Applied Economic Research; Econometric and Statistical Methods; Microeconomics; Public Sector Economics; Health Economics; Education, Labor and Demographic Economics; Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth; Natural Resource Economics; Regional and Transportation Economics
- Evidence of teaching experience, interest and success in quality teaching, and recognitions and accomplishments in economics and statistics
- Ability to organize data, create charts and graphs using STATA, visual basic, and/or Microsoft Excel
- Must be willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends to meet project deadlines
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
In addition to research and public interaction responsibilities, the successful applicant is expected to teach two-three sections of MBA courses per academic year. The position carries the designation of Ranked Renewable Term with initial terms of five years.
Those applicants with education, research and work experience, knowledge and interest in health economics and policy will be given special consideration for this position.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and a list of references to Monica McCulloch at email@example.com.
For additional information please contact Robert Dauffenbach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.