About the Role
The Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy (“Center”) is seeking a candidate with experience, particularly in evaluating payer and payer-provider initiatives to enhance the Economics Practice within FTI Consulting, Inc. The Center applies cutting-edge economics and quantitative methods to assist clients in developing and implementing market-based solutions across the spectrum of healthcare activity. Our analyses utilize economic modelling and simulation applied to real-world data in order to quantify impact to drive evidence-based decisions, improve health outcomes and reduce costs, and improve health equity. Our advanced capabilities and extensive data sets can measure the effects of major policy, regulatory, or significant and disruptive changes for health insurance plans. We provide predictive modeling capable of evaluating complex “what-if” scenarios for both public and private stakeholders.
Our staff includes academically trained economists with extensive industry expertise and decades of policy and applied experience in the public and private sector. Our experts have testified before antitrust and regulatory agencies in the US and internationally, as well in state and federal courts on a variety of matters. Further, the Center’s experts have published seminal articles on antitrust issues in the healthcare industry as well as novel approaches for quantifying the value of new pharmaceutical interventions. The Center’s analytic domains include mergers and acquisitions, market insight, value-based arrangements, cross-stakeholder and community-level analysis including economic impact of poor health, population health, value assessment, quantification of patient-centered preferences and digital health. We collaborate with colleagues across FTI, including strategic communications, healthcare practitioners and financial specialists.
The Center is seeking candidates for the position of Director, which may be located in our Washington DC, Boston, or Los Angeles offices. The position involves working in small teams to provide healthcare-related and applied microeconomics analytics to a diverse array of clients. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic enviornment, contributing to projects that help shape the healthcare environment. The position is an integral part of the Center’s leadership team, involved in the development of its core initiatives and client work as well as managing and mentoring junior staff.
What You’ll Do
The Director will be responsible for executing projects start to finish including designing approaches to address clients’ questions, managing client relationships, and communicating results in the form of written reports and oral presentations. Qualified candidates must possess an advanced degree in economics or related field, strong leadership skills, data management skills, and familiarity with diverse analytical methodologies. Strong candidates will be forward-thinking and will be comfortable and accountable in leading multiple client engagements simultaneously. Experience in health economics or public health is required.
- Assist in development and preparation of reports
- Oversee/direct statistical and empirical analysis using large datasets
- Manage client relationships
- Assist in development of analytics and project
- Coordinate projects with other practices at FTI
- Advanced degree in Economics or Public Health related field, Ph.D. preferred
- Demonstrated experience in applying economics to healthcare issues (e.g., healthcare economics modeling and quantitative analyses, public health program evaluation, community health needs assessment)
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sound understanding of relevant healthcare data and policies
- Experience at a payer or evaluating public or private payer and/or payer-provider initiatives
- Advanced modeling techniques applied in healthcare and life science context
- Excellent client engagement and project management skills
- Proficient in statistical or econometric software programs such as SAS, Stata, and/or R
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- This role requires travel to client and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine Required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.