The University of Utah School of Medicine’s Health System Innovation and Research Division seeks applicants for a tenure track or tenured faculty position (open rank) in behavioral economics. We are looking for collaborative colleagues with a strong record or potential of independent scholarship. Scholarship that advances methodologies and demonstrates novel applications of behavioral economics principles and concepts to the study of population health and health systems is desired. The applicant should demonstrate willingness to support collaboration in implementation science, clinical research, and patient-oriented or community-based participatory research.
Applicants should have experience or strong interest in interdisciplinary team science in collaboration with health services researchers, social scientists, clinicians, and other disciplines. Mid- to late-career applicants should demonstrate a strong record of extramural funding and mentorship of early career faculty and doctoral students. Applicants should demonstrate commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in their research team, institution, and community. Applicants from communities traditionally underrepresented in higher education and the health sciences are especially encouraged to apply. Applications will be evaluated based on applicant’s career stage.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, psychology, decision sciences, public health, health services research, population health sciences, business, public policy, social sciences, or related areas
- An excellent record of independent scholarship in application of behavioral economics principles and concepts
- A record of establishing independent, extramurally-funded research projects commensurate with career stage
- Strong communication skills and engagement with diverse audiences
- Success in leading and/or participating in multi-disciplinary, multi-sector teams commensurate with career stage
- Teaching and mentoring experience in relevant areas
- Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Only online applications are accepted. Interested candidates must submit the following required materials:
- Cover letter
- Research statement (up to 3 pages)
- Teaching statement (up to 2 pages)
- One example of scholarly work that you would like to highlight
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) statement responding to any or all aspects of the following prompt: In PHS we view EDI as central to achieving excellence in our research, teaching and service to the community. How have you demonstrated your commitment to EDI in academic or other settings? How do you see yourself contributing to the advancement of EDI within our department?
To apply, use the link: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/129190