The Program in Healthcare Management & Insurance Studies within the School of Business Department of Finance at the University of Connecticut is seeking applications for a full-time, Associate/Full Professor for research, teaching, service and outreach. The position will begin in Fall 2016 and may be considered for tenure at hire.
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is entering a transformational period of growth supported by the $1.7B Next Generation Connecticut and the $1B Bioscience Connecticut investments and a bold new Academic Plan: Path to Excellence. As part of these initiatives, UConn has hired more than 450 new faculty members at all ranks during the past three years. We are pleased to continue these investments by inviting applications for faculty positions in the Department of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research & scholarship through publications in high quality academic journals in healthcare economics, healthcare management (systems) and economics of health and social insurance, and help guide research efforts of junior colleagues and graduate students in their areas of expertise. The successful candidate is expected to teach courses in healthcare economics, healthcare management (systems) and economics of health and social insurance at the undergraduate, masters, and/or PhD levels, and participate in outreach and service activities and programs of the healthcare management and insurance studies program, including participation in industry conferences and promotion of internship programs. Successful candidates will also be expected to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into instructional methods and research tools; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
- The candidate must hold a Ph.D. in insurance, economics, finance, or a related field. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- The candidate must conduct research for publication in the premier academic journals in healthcare economics, healthcare management (systems) and economics of health and social insurance.
- The successful candidate should be an effective teacher supported by evidence of superior classroom performance at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The successful candidate must have a deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Applicants at higher ranks should possess an established and excellent record of research, teaching effectiveness, and experience in outreach activities commensurate with the rank they are seeking.
- Candidates with publications, acceptances or papers at advanced stages of review in leading academic journals in healthcare economics, healthcare management (systems) and economics of health and social insurance.
- Candidates with experience and an excellent record of teaching undergraduate and MBA level courses specializing in healthcare economics, healthcare management and insurance.
- The successful candidate must have effective communication skills.
- Applicants should have an established record of grant writing experience.
- Candidates at the full professor level should have a record of outreach and interaction with the business world.
This is a full-time, 9-month, position with an anticipated start date of August 23, 2016. The successful candidate’s primary academic appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of assignment at other UConn regional campuses and candidates may teach in the Undergraduate, Master’s and Ph.D. Programs. Salary is competitive will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank.
Visit https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/6734 to complete your application. Please submit the following and include your last name as well as search #2016220 in the document title for each document submitted: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement (including teaching philosophy, teaching experience, commitment to effective learning, concepts for new course development, etc.); research and scholarship statement (innovative concepts that will form the basis of academic career, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.); commitment to diversity statement (including broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.); sample journal articles or books. Additionally, please follow the instructions in Academic Jobs Online to direct three reference writers to submit letters of reference on your behalf. Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information regarding the Department of Finance, please visit the department website at http://finance.business.uconn.edu/.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pc37dfyn9q.