Assistant Professor of Health Economics (Tenure Eligible) at the Comparative Health Outcomes, Policy, and Economics (CHOICE) Institute in the University of Washington, School of Pharmacy
The Department of Pharmacy and the Comparative Health Outcomes, Policy, and Economics (CHOICE) Institute at the University of Washington seek to fill one full-time faculty position at the Assistant Professor level, 12 month service period. Anticipated start date of July 1, 2022.
The CHOICE Institute is a global leader in generating knowledge to improve individual and population health through transformative learning, research, and dissemination about the effectiveness, safety, and value of medical products, services, and policies. The Institute consists of 13 faculty members based in the School of Pharmacy, 7 Adjunct faculty, and 20 Affiliate faculty with training and expertise in health economics, pharmacoepidemiology, outcomes research, biostatistics, and policy. Our graduate program includes approximately 15 PhD and 6 MS students and is focused on health economics, outcomes research, pharmacoepidemiology, and policy analysis.
The ideal candidate will be expected to develop an independent research agenda in these areas, and contribute to and lead departmental research programs. The successful candidate will be expected to teach in the graduate curriculum of the CHOICE Institute and contribute to the PharmD teaching program.
Successful candidates will find a diverse Department (47 faculty with over 400 Adjunct, Affiliate and Clinical faculty) with nationally recognized expertise in health economics, outcomes research, health policy evaluation, pharmacogenomics, pharmacoepidemiology, translational research, and therapeutics. In addition, there are unparalleled collaborative opportunities at the UW with colleagues in the Departments of Health Services and Global Health, Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program in the School of Medicine, the Program for Health Economics and Outcomes Methodology, the Institute of Translational Health Sciences (the UW CTSA), and in the Seattle area (Seattle Children’s, Kaiser Washington Health Research Institute, the Health Services Research & Development Center of Excellence at the VA, the Gates Foundation, and the Hutchinson Institute for Cancer Outcomes Research (HICOR)). The successful candidate will have opportunities to develop close collaborations with this community soon after arriving at the Department.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy (Health Economics) – Tenure Eligible
- Doctoral degree in Economics or a related discipline such as Health Economics, Public Policy, Health Services Research, or foreign equivalent is required.
- Expertise in pharmaceutical markets, pricing, and policy, comparative evaluations, and health econometrics required.
- Positive factors for consideration include but are not limited to: a focus on US health care, additional clinical background (MD, PharmD, etc.) post doctoral experience, grant writing experience.
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications and a demonstrated potential for sustained productivity and engagement in independently funded research in their focus area.
Applicants should submit the following materials via Interfolio.
- Letter of interest outlining experience, research interests and teaching philosophy, as well as a diversity, equity and inclusion statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three original letters of reference to be submitted confidentially via interfolio.
Please address inquiries to Anirban Basu, PhD, Search Committee Chair (email@example.com)