The Department of Health Policy at Vanderbilt’s School of Medicine is searching for Assistant and Associate (with and without tenure) Professor positions.
The Department of Health Policy was established in 2013 and includes faculty formerly in the Department of Preventive Medicine. Faculty in the department have a variety of interests including health care financing, health insurance coverage, aging and long-term care, provider payment, health services research, pharmacoepidemiology, cancer epidemiology, and infectious diseases.
Other areas of interest include quality and safety improvement, improving delivery systems and the health care workforce. The Department benefits from Vanderbilt’s single campus (including its close proximity to Vanderbilt University Medical Center), the depth and breadth of health-related research conducted across the University, and its location in the state capital.
The Department currently offers the M.P.H. degree and provides instruction in the Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) curriculum; a doctoral program is planned. More about our faculty and programs can be found on the Health Policy Departmental website.
Applicants Must Possess:
- A Ph.D. in economics, health services research, statistics, public policy, public health, or doctoral degree in a related field;
- A demonstrated expertise in health policy research; and
- The potential to attract external funding for their research.
Successful applicants must also be excited to work within a new department to develop educational and research programs in a collegial and collaborative environment.
Salary and start-up packages will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Deadlines for Submission of Applications
- Assistant Professor: December 5, 2013
- Associate Professor: Position will remain open until filled.
In your online application, the following items are required:
- A cover letter of interest describing how you meet the criteria above,
- A full academic CV / resume
Three (3) names and letters of recommendation (if an Assistant Professor Candidate), or
Three (3) names of potential references if a candidate is at the Associate level
- An attached manuscript that exemplifies the type of research you plan to conduct in the future.
Applications are officially being considered through the following website: https://vanderbilt.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=246587&lang=en&sns_id=mailto