In an effort to encourage participation by underrepresented communities, the American Society of Health Economists (ASHEcon) is offering up to twenty scholarships aimed at underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled indivduals, racial, ethnic and LGBTQI indivduals, etc.) conducting research in health economics. While at the conference, the fellowship recipients will have the opportunity to formally network with each other and with members of the ASHEcon Board and Diversity Committee, recognizing them, their accomplishments and bright futures. They will also have many opportunities to informally network with other students and professionals during the conference. All applications will be reviewed by ASHEcon’s Diversity Committee. PhD students writing a dissertation on a health economics topic and young professionals with their PhD degree are encouraged to apply. You do not have to be an ASHEcon member to apply.
A CV and one letter of recommendation from a professor (preferably the advisor) or employer is required.
- PhD student writing a dissertation on a health economics topic
- Young professional (within five years of receiving PhD) conducting health economics related research
Applicants must be underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, racial and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI individuals, etc) as indicated in the demographic information section of this application.
Must be able to attend the entire 2020 ASHEcon Annual Conference, June 7-10, 2020, in St. Louis, MO.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Recipients Notified: March 2020
- 2020 ASHEcon Annual Conference, June 7-10, 2020, in St. Louis, MO
All Scholarship Recipients Receive:
- Complimentary 2020 ASHEcon Annual Conference Registration Fee
- A scholarship in the amount of $500 to offset costs of transportation (air and ground) as well as meals during the conference
- Three nights’ accommodations at the St. Louis Union Station Hotel (June 7 – 10, 2019)
- A meet and greet breakfast for 2020 ASHEcon Student Scholarship recipients
- Opportunity to partcipate in mentoring activities