In an effort to encourage participation by underrepresented communities, the American Society of Health Economics (ASHEcon) jointly with the National Institute of Aging (NIA) funded Center on the Demography and Economics of Health and Aging at Stanford University are offering up to twenty scholarships aimed at underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, sexual and gender minorities, etc.) conducting research in health economics. While at the conference, the fellowship recipients will have the opportunity to formally network with each other and with members of the ASHEcon board and Diversity Committee, recognizing them, their accomplishments and bright futures. They will also have many opportunities to informally network with other students and professionals during the conference. All applications will be reviewed by ASHEcon’s Diversity Committee.
A CV and one letter of recommendation from a professor (preferably the advisor) or employer is required.
- PhD student working in health economics at an institution of higher education
- Young professional (Within five years of the receipt of their terminal degree)
- Applicants must be members of an underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, sexual and gender minorities, etc.) as indicated in the demographic information section of this application
- Must be able to attend the 2019 ASHEcon Annual Conference, June 23 – 26, 2019, in Washington, DC.
- Current ASHEcon member
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Winners Notified: May 2019
- 2019 ASHEcon Annual Conference: June 23 – 26, 2019
All Fellows Receive:
- Invitation to the Sunday VIP reception
- Waived 2019 ASHEcon Conference Registration Fee
- A scholarship in the amount of $500 to offset costs of transportation (air and ground) as well as meals during the conference
- Three nights’ accommodations at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, DC (June 23 – 26, 2019)