n an effort to increase diversity in health economics, the American Society of Health Economists (ASHEcon) is offering up to twenty scholarships aimed at underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQI individuals, etc). The scholarships enable the recipients to attend the annual ASHEcon conference, where they will have the opportunity to network with each other and with members of the ASHEcon Board and Diversity Committee, recognizing them, their accomplishments and bright futures. They will also have opportunities to network with other students and professionals during the conference. All applications will be reviewed by ASHEcon’s Diversity Committee. PhD students writing a dissertation on a health economics topic and young professionals with their PhD degree are encouraged to apply. If the 2021 ASHEcon conference is virtual instead of in-person, networking and mentoring activities will be organized online.
A CV and one letter of recommendation from a professor (preferably the advisor) or employer is required. If you are a previous fellowship recipient, your letter of recommendation should explain why you still merit consideration for the scholarship.
- PhD student writing a dissertation on a health economics topic
- Young professional (within five years of receiving PhD) conducting health economics research
- Prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply but priority will be given to applicants that haven’t received the scholarship before
Applicants must be underrepresented minorities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., first generation college student, disabled individuals, racial or ethnic minorities, LGBTQI individuals, etc) as indicated in the demographic information section of this application.
Must be available to attend the entire virtual 2021 conference from June 21-23, 2021
- Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
- Recipients Notified: March 2021
- 2021 ASHEcon Annual Conference, June 21-23, 2021
All Scholarship Recipients Receive:
- Complimentary 2021 ASHEcon Annual Conference Registration Fee
- Opportunity to participate in mentoring and networking activities.