Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire Health Economics Scientist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The Center for CREATION Health Research and Research Analytics Institute have a joint goal of promoting efficacy and efficiency through larger scale experience in populations. These institutes aim to determine future state care models through comparative effectiveness and data-driven resources to predict the needs of the patient population, to determine gaps in current health care knowledge, and to create better cost-quality outcomes. Focusing on whole-person health and modifiable social determinants, when coupled with electronic health data and genomic data, will enable a more comprehensive approach to precision medicine. These efforts will also include exploring technology to create more connectivity among data sources and to explore patient-reported outcomes to create more actionable provider encounters. By collecting other sources of data, we aim to shift the paradigm in health care where we meet the patients on their health care journey, provide them care based on their preferences, and decrease the overall cost for all.
The Health Economics Scientist (HES) incorporates the strategic and operational priorities of Florida Hospital leadership into focused research questions, determines data points for evaluation, and writes protocols for big data studies to create real-world evidence (RWE) in the population health and outcomes areas of Florida Hospital Research Institute (FHRI). These studies may include population health priorities such as: finance and resource utilization, hospital and ambulatory care quality indicators, disease prevention and epidemiology, and the social determinants of health. The HES manages projects, provides analytic expertise and writes publishable manuscripts and professional white papers that relay relevant findings to operational leaders and the scientific community. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Public Health, Health Policy, Public Policy, Statistics or another relevant field
- Minimum of three years of experience in health economics research, health services research or epidemiology research
- Experience in applied economics demonstrated by conducting analyses of health care claims, medical records and enrollment data
- Experience with complex studies
- Experience writing successful scientific protocols
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or SPSS). Record of peer-reviewed journal publications
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. health care system, including Medicare and/or Medicaid
- Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative abilities
- Problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication of problems and results
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated and interested in data-driven health policy analysis
- Strong commitment to professional development
- Excellent scientific writing skills
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with both leaders and front-line staff
- Ability to adhere to and meet project timelines through efficient time and resource planning
- Availability for occasional travel, evening and weekend work
- Deep understanding of retrospective and prospective observational study designs and related methodology
- Solid grounding in understanding the incidence, prevalence, risk factors, natural history course, comorbidities, treatment patterns and clinical outcome measures of disease
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Health Economics Scientist opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today at: