Eastern Virginia Medical School
Title: Associate/Full Professor (depending upon qualifications), Associate Director, EVMS-Sentara Healthcare Analytics and Delivery Science Institute
JOB CODE: 3031 ext. 1000
REPORTS TO: Director, HADSI
The Associate Director will be responsible for developing a portfolio of studies in applied healthcare economics and evaluation including systematic reviews, health technology assessments and health economic analyses. The candidate will be responsible for internal and external activities, including collaboration with stakeholders within and outside Hampton Roads. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for implementing and further developing the organizational structures and key processes.
- Growing portfolio of studies focused on health economic analyses
- Developing a program of research in any of a number of possible fields of interest including, but not limited to, healthcare utility/ economics, economic and social determinants of health, analyses of provider behavior and healthcare markets, healthcare financing, predictive modeling, comparative effectiveness research, and evaluation of health policy and delivery system initiatives
- Assisting the HADSI Director in developing collaborations with various national level data registries/ repositories including NIH, CDC, Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance databases
- Conducting and publishing academic research in high quality journals, generating external funding, teaching and mentoring students in the Masters in healthcare analytics and/or healthcare delivery science programs.
- Engaging in clinical service and teaching at a level commensurate with the level of faculty appointment (will vary)
- Supporting and supervising HADSI faculty and staff on the HADSI related services pertaining to research methods, biostatistical and epidemiological support
- Working with faculty from across disciplines on research that helps address priority research areas in line with HADSI goals (see HADSI website evms.edu/hadsi)
- MD with Masters and/or PhD in health economics or a closely related field, or PhD in health economics, health care delivery science, healthcare analytics or a closely related field
- Capability to produce, implement, and assess effectiveness in healthcare analytics research and published in high-quality journals
- A track record of external funding
- Experience working for an institute/ center/ department or division with an extensive focus on healthcare economics analysis and/or health care delivery science
- Experience in administrative roles
- Experience teaching in healthcare delivery, healthcare economics, or healthcare
- Background in health economics in the healthcare industry is preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Over 30 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/40 vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or off campus.
Standard office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30pm, however work after hours will be required to meet the demands of the position during peak times. Training sessions may/will be presented after regular work hours.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I understand that the job requirements may vary as the employer’s vary. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Candidates should apply on the EVMS website.
Signature of Employee__________________________________ Date__________________
Signature of Supervisor__________________________________ Date__________________
EVMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, and Drug and Tobacco Free workplace.