The 2021 ASHEcon Conference will have virtual networking opportunities throughout. A virtual networking lounge will be opened from 11:00am – 6:30pm EST daily.
This year’s conference features new virtual networking opportunities such as direct messaging on Zoom, open session rooms after session ends and a dedicated networking space via the Remo platform. Remo is a networking and conferencing platform. Participants can video chat with other participants at virtual tables that can accommodate up to 8 people. Just like in an in-person conference, you will be able to meet and catch up with fellow members you haven’t seen in a while. You will need to set-up your Remo profile before the event, visit live.remo.co to get started. To make sure your computer is ready and learn the basics of using Remo, visit Remo Conference Support and view this tutorial video.
How to Access Networking Lounge
The conference hallways, usually host impromptu meetings and lively conversations, as well as networking opportunities will make the switch to virtual conference, via Remo. Some of you may already be familiar with the online communications platform.
Remo is a networking and conferencing platform. Participants can video chat with other participants at virtual tables that can accommodate up to 8 people. Just like in an in-person conference, you will be able to meet and catch up with fellow members you haven’t seen in a while. You will need to set-up your Remo profile before the event, visit live.remo.co to get started. To make sure your computer is ready and learn the basics of using Remo, visit Remo Conference Support and view this tutorial video.
Remo is a great way to keep connected to your peers during the virtual conference, and the virtual lounge will be open throughout the conference kicks off. It will require a quick and easy registration, and then you can use it on your phone or safely on your web browser.
Monday, June 21 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Monday, June 21 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Tuesday, June 22 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Tuesday, June 22 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 23 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM EST
Wednesday, June 23 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM EST
Remo User Tips: Creating A Profile
- When you first sign in to Remo you will need to create a profile
- Please sign in at least a few minutes before the event so you have time to create your profile or create your profile in the days leading up to the event. You’ll also receive an invitation to join Remo.
- Please enter your full name and organization so that others can see who you are
- If you have already created a profile for a previous Remo event you won’t need to create a new one
- Want to add a virtual background? Click the inverted triangle next to the ‘Cam’ button in the bottom menu toolbar then click to select one of Remo’s pre-set images. Virtual Backgrounds do take some good processing power, so consider changing your video quality depending on the device you’re using.
- Use the tool bar at the bottom of the screen to turn on your camera and microphone
Sitting At A Virtual Table
- The Remo event is a virtual room full of virtual tables. There are 6 one-room “floors” in the virtual building. When you sign-into Remo, you’ll automatically be placed at a table, but you are free to get up and move to chat with people you know
- There is an 8 person limit for each table
- Change tables by double-clicking on an empty seat at another table
- Change floors in the building by going to the “elevator” on the left-hand side of the screen and clicking on the floor number
- Hover your cursor over another guest’s avatar to see their name, share contact info, or send them a private message
- You can find other guests in the lounge by searching for their name in the chat bar
- You can chat with attendees by clicking on the chat button in the menu at the bottom of your screen and selecting one of three options:
- General Chat: Messages will be visible to all attendees
- Table Chat: Messages will be visible to only the people currently at the table. Attendees that join the table at a later time will not be able to see messages that were sent before they joined
- Private Chat: Direct messages to selected recipients
- You can invite someone to join your table by hovering your cursor over their name and right clicking, and selecting “Get Jane Doe”
Remo Technical Support:
- If you’re having problems, test your microphone and camera here as well: https://geartest.remo.co.
- Click the ‘Need Help‘ icon in the bottom left corner of your screen for help when using the Remo platform and someone from Remo will assist you.