American Society of Health Economists (ASHEcon) is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of ASHEcon. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director is a voting ex officio member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee and an ex officio member of all other ASHEcon committees.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to manage all operational activities for the organization. These tasks include but are not limited to:
Work with President to develop and execute all strategic priorities for the organization.
- Work with President to develop and execute all strategic priorities for the organization.
- Work with President to plan and execute Board meetings.
- Work with President-Elect to recruit program chairs for conference review
- Work with President-Elect and staff to assemble final conference schedule/agenda
- Work with President-Elect to identify conference theme and recruit plenary speakers
- Set rates for the conference and membership
- Site selection for future conferences.
- Liaise with publisher and Editor-in-Chief on all matters concerning AJHE.
- Work with the nominating committee to recruit Officers and Board members, plus oversee elections.
- Work with Treasurer to prepare annual budget.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal tax filings, plus ensures audits of financial records.
- Coordinate fundraising activities for the conference.
- Recruit and manages all committees.
- Forge and maintain any affiliate relationships and serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization.
Experience in the field of health economics is viewed as an important attribute of candidates for the position. This position will start at the close of the next ASHEcon meeting in Washington DC June 23-26, 2019. The position is an “at will” position with no fixed term and the Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Board. The anticipated percent effort for the position is roughly 10-20% FTE depending on the proximity to ASHEcon events and the salary is negotiable. ASHEcon currently receives management services from the Association of Public Policy and Management staff in its Washington DC office, although this is subject to change with the authority of the ASHEcon and APPAM Boards.
Please send CV along with a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions may be sent to the same email address. Preference will be given to applications received before December 1, 2018.